[Mageia-discuss] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:45:57 CEST 2011

On 09/08/2011 02:30 PM, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 08.09.2011 17:08, schrieb TJ:

>>> CC'ing -discuss for more potential feedback. Hope i got the header
>>>

>> Some information which may or may not be useful...
>>
>> When discussing a printing bug concerning duplex printing with the
>> HPLIP folks, I was asked for the output of the command hp-check -t.
>> That output reported several missing dependencies, some from compile
>> time, others from runtime. I was unconcerned with the compile time
>> ones, but when I looked using urpmi, all the runtime dependencies were
>> reported as installed.
>>
>> I do not have the expertise to speculate on this. I merely report it.
>>
>> TJ
>>

> Checked this directly after updating. Everything is installed and found.
> Was that with the older hplip version? Could you please recheck now with
> 3.11.7?

Yes, it was with hplip 3.11.3a. It just seemed like something you should
look into. I had similar results with Mandriva 2010.2 and hplip 3.11.5.
Did you happen to run hp-check with the older hplip before the update?
Perhaps these unfound dependencies are unique to my machine somehow.

My one and only Mageia install is being used as my production install,
and I'd rather not take the chance of messing it up with packages from
Cauldron. I probably wouldn't know how to get it back from a disaster
without a complete reinstall - not a pleasant prospect.

I'm *WAY* out of my depth when participating in these discussions. I
appreciate your patience with me.

TJ