[Mageia-discuss] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Sep 9 09:46:46 CEST 2011

Am 09.09.2011 02:45, schrieb TJ:
> On 09/08/2011 02:30 PM, Florian Hubold wrote:

>>> Some information which may or may not be useful...
>>>
>>> When discussing a printing bug concerning duplex printing with the
>>> HPLIP folks, I was asked for the output of the command hp-check -t.
>>> That output reported several missing dependencies, some from compile
>>> time, others from runtime. I was unconcerned with the compile time
>>> ones, but when I looked using urpmi, all the runtime dependencies were
>>> reported as installed.
>>>
>>> I do not have the expertise to speculate on this. I merely report it.
>>>
>>> TJ
>>>

>> Checked this directly after updating. Everything is installed and found.
>> Was that with the older hplip version? Could you please recheck now with
>> 3.11.7?
>>
> Yes, it was with hplip 3.11.3a. It just seemed like something you should look
> into. I had similar results with Mandriva 2010.2 and hplip 3.11.5. Did you
> happen to run hp-check with the older hplip before the update? Perhaps these
> unfound dependencies are unique to my machine somehow.
>
> My one and only Mageia install is being used as my production install, and
> I'd rather not take the chance of messing it up with packages from Cauldron.
> I probably wouldn't know how to get it back from a disaster without a
> complete reinstall - not a pleasant prospect.
>
> I'm *WAY* out of my depth when participating in these discussions. I
> appreciate your patience with me.
>
> TJ

Maybe it's the same issue like Remy reported on the -dev mailing list?
hp-check, as you can see for a short time during it's running, checks
for compile-time and runtime-dependencies. And the compile-time
dependencies are not interesting. But run-time dependencies
should all be found.
Check with hp-check -r -t ;)