[Mageia-discuss] I'd like to start to discuss the possibility of having one language per iso when it comes to full DVD-versions, similar to the Live-versions.

Alejandro López listas.apl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:05:04 CEST 2011

I think that it is too much work for very little gain.

The cost of creating, maintaining and mirroring different ISOs is very high.

And what do we gain by doing this? More free space in the DVD? Yes,
some applications could be added, but as it is impossible to include
all the applications in a DVD, a lot of them will still be left out.

A *minor* problem is that some people use several languages, not for
the system, but for some applications like LibreOffice, Thunderbird,
etc. Personally I use Spanish, English and French. If there was a
single language in the ISO, users would have to go and download the
other languages. As I said, a minor problem.

My 2 cents.
Alejandro.