[Mageia-discuss] Setting up NFS shares with MCC -- fixing etc/fstab

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:47:07 CEST 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:49:29 -0400, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:

> IP address: 127.0.0.1
> Host name: localhost.localdomain
> Host Aliases: localhost
>
> Which one would I change to "Marc's Computer" -- I am assuming "Host
> Aliases" is the one to change? If I do make this change, will this
> affect any of my software? Are there any repercussions to changing Host
> Aliases from the point of view of Magia, will it affect the way it works?

Setting up a network requires a basic knowledge of how dns
systems work.

"Marc's Computer" is not a valid name.

What you should be doing is adding an ip address/validname for each
computer on the lan.

For example, I have ...
192.168.10.1 router r
192.168.10.20 xppro.hodgins.homeip.net xppro
192.168.10.30 knoppix.hodgins.homeip.net xppro

In my case, xppro and knoppix are virtualbox installs,
using static ip addresses, router is my router.

Regards, Dave Hodgins