[Mageia-discuss] How to solve this problem?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 8 13:23:43 CET 2011

On 11/08/2011 12:46 AM, andre999 wrote:
> David W. Hodgins a écrit :
>>
>> The only solution I can think of, would be for the installer to include
>> at least one functional web browser, with the option to start it once
>> the
>> network has been configured.
>>
> Coming in a bit late, but I see a simple solution, if one adds a few
> assumptions :

I've wondered about this for a while.  The boot.iso is trivially small
compared to the size of a DVD or even a CD.  Would it not be possible to
add enough to it in the way of a browser, video drivers, and wireless
tools/drivers to allow stage 1 to

(a) have the same level of network access as a finished system
(b) offer the same graphical environment as stage 2
(c) offer the option during connect of opening a browser

Given the amount of available room in boot.iso, there's really no reason
to limit its wireless and graphical capabilities, no ?