[Mageia-discuss] How to solve this problem?

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Tue Nov 8 21:18:39 CET 2011

Op dinsdag 08 november 2011 18:53:26 schreef Thomas Backlund:
> Frank Griffin skrev 8.11.2011 14:23:
[...]
> NO.
> We wont bloat the boot.iso.
>
> If you want more functions than boot.iso, use dual or live iso
[...]

What thomas says here, is that the dual arch CD iso has about what you'll want
for this, it can install a very basic system, which you can improve by
installing more later (when your internet is working), or, even rescue mode
(which is on that CD also) is a bit more than boot.iso .

furthermore, stage2 needs to be fetched when you're doing network install, so
it's not on boot.iso.

and lastly, iirc the boot.iso is generated from the same code as the
installers and livecd etc... if you want these extra functions, it'll need to
be inside that, which would make the boot part of install CDs too big for
anything else to fit on it...

So, no.

It's perfectly possible to do with with dual arch CD installer or the liveCD .
network installs is meant for an installation where you have netinstall
servers locally, or at least a stable and fast network, since this'll take a
while to fetch everything.

AND if you do know what you're doing, as said before, you can use wget or
netcat to get the job done, allthough i agree that it's far from simple to
actually do that.