[Mageia-discuss] Replacing LibreOffice and Gimp by Calligra in Mageia 2

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:48:46 CET 2011

On 11/13/2011 10:07 PM, Aaron Mendo Andrade wrote:
> Hi all, I would like to see the next version of Mageia more integrated
> into the KDE version and so it occurred to me that is a good idea
> instead of LibreOffice and The Gimp replace by Calligra for the version
> 2 of mageia by then calligra version 2.4 will ready .
>
> What do you think?
>
> Greetings!!!.

I've never used Calligra, but I've used both OpenOffice/LibreOffice and
The Gimp for years. Most likely, if your suggestion was followed I'd
simply install LibreOffice and The Gimp from the repositories and ignore
Calligra completely - just as I use Thunderbird and ignore Kmail and
other email/newsreaders.

So I guess I'd vote against your suggestion.

TJ