[Mageia-discuss] Replacing LibreOffice and Gimp by Calligra in Mageia 2

Alejandro López listas.apl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:53:44 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Aaron Mendo Andrade <
aaronmen_se at live.com.mx> wrote:

>  Hi all, I would like to see the next version of Mageia more integrated
> into the KDE version and so it occurred to me that is a good idea instead
> of LibreOffice and The Gimp replace by Calligra for the version 2 of mageia
> by then calligra version 2.4 will ready .
>
> What do you think?
>
> Greetings!!!.

I don't think it's a good idea to make the distro's default an application
conceived for a particular desktop. What I mean is that Calligra is
specific for KDE and not for Gnome. Neither LibreOffice nor Gimp are
desktop-specific. So I vote for keeping LibreOffice and Gimp as the
defaults.

What prevents you from just removing those application you don't like
(LibreOffice and Gimp) and add those that you prefer (Calligra)?

Alejandro.