[Mageia-discuss] Dual Monitors

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Thu Dec 29 15:14:38 CET 2011

On 27.12.2011 23:48, TJ wrote:
> Currently using a Samsung P2350 1920x1080 monitor with the DVI port of
> an AGP 8x nVidia Geforce 6200OC video card from BFG. I'm using the
> proprietary driver from the repositories, and everything is working great.
>
> My nephew has a spare 19-inch flatscreen monitor, make, model, and
> resolution unknown to me, that he is willing to give to me to get it out
> of his house. I am considering connecting this to the D-sub port of the
> card as the second monitor, but in portrait mode. Not sure what I'd use
> it for, but the idea sounds intriguing.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Is this possible in Mageia?

Yes.

However, rotating individual displays with the proprietary driver only
works when the displays are set as independent screens.

If you want a single continuous desktop area, you need to use the
nouveau driver which supports rotating individual displays in this case.

I haven't done any of this myself, but this is what I gather from
reading the documentation.

--
Anssi Hannula