[Mageia-discuss] Changing the Default wallpaper, system wide

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Oct 9 02:59:16 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 09 October 2012 02:46, John Balcaen wrote:
> Can you be more precise ?

Sure.
Lets say I create a new user. When he login, I wan't to have a specific wallpaper, that I choose, to be the Default wallpaper. (More specific a Star Trek themed wallpaper.)
Meaning, I should not have to edit some file in the user's homedir in order to make it happen. it must be the Default wallpaper.

> Like which desktop are you using ?

I use KDE, but I'm hoping to have a solution that is not dependent on which desktop the user use. So it should work in KDE, Gnome, LXDE, IceWM.
When the system was on Mandriva 2010.2, this worked by simply replacing the symlink /usr/share/mdk/backgrounds/default.jpg.

Perhaps I should create my own theme that can be installed from my local custom rpm repo.
Then I need to figure out how to make this to be the default instead of the mageia theme. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324