[Mageia-discuss] FF java plugin

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Sep 9 11:53:29 CEST 2012

Hmm, something changed and I can no longer play java applets! My java
was just updated to java-1.7.0-openjdk, but, I am not sure if this is
when I lost my java plugin; it may have happened a little while ago
before the update.

How do I go about installing a java plugin on my FF (Mageia2, 64bit box).

BTW ... I also tried installing the Oracle java but it just seemed
impossible to install it. Weird! I used to be able to just run the
.rpm's and install with no problems. I also read on the Oracle site,
that the 64bit version of java will not run java applets and they
recommend installing the 32bit version along with the 64bit.

The openjdk version should at least past the Oracle test page here:
http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Marc