[Mageia-discuss] mod-fortune path problem

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 21:54:54 CEST 2012

On Sunday 09 Sep 2012 11:43:44 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > now obviously i can add /usr/games the same way i
> > added /home/bascule/bin but i thought that /etc/profile was system
> > wide stuff so whats going wrong here?
> >

> This seems to be fine here on both Mageia 2 x86-64 and Mageia Cauldron
> x86-64.
>
> What happens when you ssh into your user account at localhost? Is /usr/games
> getting set properly then?

hi,
yes ssh'ing - is that verb? - into my user account from a local console does
show /usr/games, but only because i've added /usr/games to my users's
.bash_profile, with that there kmail also recognises 'fortune' as present, it
still doesn't show up in the path as echoed in konsole.
when i remove the reference in .bash profile, then /usr/games won't show up in
any circumstance and kmail fails to find 'fortune'

bascule
--
"And remember, my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the
future....."