[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-dev] installing in parallel

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Mon Sep 17 16:43:42 CEST 2012

On Monday 17 September 2012 16:22, Marja van Waes wrote:
> your command line can even be used across different Mageia versions and arches :)

If one have many systems, one can use a shellscript with one ssh command on each line.

The advantage of using urpmi's "--parallel" option is that the "--parallel" option only downloads one file that are distributed to the nodes,
whereas my command will download three copies, one on each machine. So unless one have a local mirror or use an urpmi proxy, my command example will download three copies of each updated package over the internet connection.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324