[Mageia-discuss] Making the serial port available to all

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Sep 17 03:42:13 CEST 2012

I have a problem, in that whenever I want to use the USB Serial port at
/dev/ttyUSB0 I have to log in as root.

I wonder if the way to solve this is by adding a rule
/dev/ttyUSB0 root root 777 in Mcc > Security > Settings > Permissions or is
there another way ?

I have tried to change the permissions in /dev but they always revert to 660
after a time.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
              Sed nescio quo modo nihil tam absurde dici potest
                  quod non dicatur ab aliquo philosophorum.