[Mageia-discuss] mageia 1 on acer aspire one 722
luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jan 8 18:47:33 CET 2012
Al 08/01/12 17:37, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> this bug applies here:
> only, since this is not cauldron, instead of brcmsmac, the problem was brcm80211.
> An additional problem is that it didn't find the firmware (kernel-firmware-extra was not installed).
> However, I finally installed dkms-broadcom-wl, since it is more functional.
> It still hangs the machine hard if I load atl1c, so for the moment is blacklisted (no wired ethernet).
It seems the workaround mentioned here:
i.e. putting pxe as the first boot option (and disabling pxe boot, since I have
a pxe server).
I swear I tried it before (but without disabling pxe boot) and it didn't work.
More information about the Mageia-discuss