[Mageia-discuss] missing volume control

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:25:30 CET 2012

On 01/09/2012 02:30 AM, Alejandro López wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM, TJ
> <andrewsfarm at gmail.com
> <mailto:andrewsfarm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     This has happened once in a while before, but considerably more
>     often in the last few days.
>
>     I have Mageia set up to automatically log in my one and only
>     ordinary user when I boot up. Lately, maybe 25% of the time, when I
>     boot up the volume control is missing from the system tray. Logging
>     out and back in (reboot not needed, but would probably work,
>     too)restores it. I noticed today and yesterday that when this
>     happens the "welcome" music is truncated to one or two notes. I
>     didn't notice one way or the other before yesterday.
>
> It some times happens to me that the CPU info applet is missing. In that
> case, all I do is kill the panel (pkill gnome-panel). When it is
> automatically re-launched, everything is OK.

I noticed that I had neglected to shut off Ktorrent after the last time
I used it - all I did was hit the window closer in the corner, and that
leaves it active with an icon in the system tray. Since actually
shutting it down, the volume control and welcome tune operate normally.

Dunno if that qualifies as a system bug, or merely incompetence on my part.

TJ