[Mageia-discuss] Pronunciation

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:53:49 CET 2012

Le 21 févr. 2012 00:17, "Maarten Vanraes" <maarten at rmail.be> a écrit :

> Op maandag 20 februari 2012 21:43:13 schreef Dimitrios Glentadakis:
> > Le 20 févr. 2012 18:20, "Wolfgang Bornath" <molch.b at googlemail.com> a
> >
> > écrit :
> >
> > ma y

> > > Yes, that's one of the 3 ways I've been told by native greek speakers
:)

> > > --
> > > wobo
> >
> > In greek there is only one pronunciation and not 3 either 2, but only
one.
> > If someone told you another pronunciation for the word mageia in greek,
he
> > is not greek or it is not his native language. It is not even a case
that
> > we can say for example that in the north of greece they say it in one
way
> > and in the south of greece in another way. It is a word that its letters
> > cant be saying in another way but only in 1 way. If you change one
thing of
> > its pronunciation is like if you say the word computer in english :
> > compoter or cimputer or campetor... etc, no sense at all
>
> i've heard that ancient greek has a different pronounciation.

I think that it would be hard to know the excact pronunciaton of the
ancient greek there is nt any conversation recorded so it is impossible to
have an answer.

But we dont have to go so far away and we dont need to.

If the question is how is the pronunciation in greek, there is one
language, one pronunciation.

> and that it's also close to magia (sp?), which someone told me means
something
> that i'm not gonna repeat here, but greeks feel proud of... (or so i've
been
> told)

What you mean close to magia ?