[Mageia-discuss] mageiapeople.org - Request for inputs

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sun Mar 25 14:20:05 CEST 2012

2012/3/24 Josh King (dotmil) <josh at linuxpunks.com>:
> 1) What is it?
> The idea is basically a planet for users of Mageia. These would be blog
> feeds and have to comply with the code of conduct of course. This idea gives
> people a chance to see there are real people behind Magia and is in line
> with what some other distros do (see Ubuntu for one). The official planet is
> designed for official team members/developers of Magia. Different groups of
> people, different reasons for being.

I followed the discussion on the marketing ML but there is still a
point that I miss: Where is it stated that the official planet[1] is
designed for official team members and developers of Mageia? They are
indeed among the few blogs on this planet, but is it a
political/marketing decision or is it just a matter of fact because
this planet was not enough promoted and users didn't bother to
register their blogs on it?

For the record, the official planet was created in February 2011[2]
and was expected to be run by the marketing team. According to the
blog post for its launch, it is open to everyone from the Mageia
community, since we could apply with a simple comment on the blog
post.

So, the real question is: Should we develop an end-user only planet
alongside the official planet, the latter being left unpopulated and
unnoticed, or should we think about redesigning the official planet,
promoting it and having new users registered to it?

Regards,
Rémi / Akien

[1] http://planet.mageia.org/en/ (also in French, German, Italian,
Portuguese and Spanish)