[Mageia-discuss] beta testing - GNOME live CD

Philippe DIDIER philippedidier at laposte.net
Fri Apr 20 18:54:30 CEST 2012

Len Lawrence a écrit :
>  On 20/04/12 11:35, Manuel Hiebel wrote:
>> Le 20/04/2012 11:07, Len Lawrence a écrit :
>>>
>>> This is my production machine.  The system started to boot and seemed
>>> to be getting ready to switch to the gui and reported "the driver has
>>> changed" and ejected the CD and asked me to reboot.  End of story.
>> Have you read the blog post, the download page or the errata ?
>>
>> "Please note there is a bug about LiveCDs and NVIDIA graphic cards. A
>> workarround can be found in the Errata"
>>
>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_Errata#LiveCD_and_Nvidia_card
> Thanks, that was very useful.  The system displayed perfectly with the
> nouveau driver.  But.  GNOME 3; horrible.  Cannot work with it, ever.
> More to say on the forums.
>
> Len

Just try KDE beta3 liveCD : it's wonderful (after the workaround for
nvidia graphic card problem)
quite everything is OK
you just need to add the repo in CCM rpmdrake and validate the non-free
and tainted repo if you want to read multimedia files : the gstreamer
plugins rpm and dependancies will be automagicaly downloaded

never used such a good LiveCD (better than fedora, debian, opensuse !)

Philippe