[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 Experiences

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Fri Apr 27 18:02:52 CEST 2012

On 04/27/2012 10:26 AM, Morgan Leijström wrote:
> fredagen den 27 april 2012 16.33.53 skrev  imnotpc:
>
>> Also, I was able to install the kernel firmware package off a USB drive,
>> but it didn't change anything that I can tell. Is there something I need
>> to do to configure the system to use it?
>  From command line, run: drakx11

I didn't use drakx11 but I did use drakconf->display which recognized
the card and was able to successfully test it (this isn't necessarily
new since the test also usually works during installation). This had no
effect on the booting issue that I could tell.

I did however get the bright idea to test x11 from the safe mode command
line. I ran startx and it gave me a root desktop. I did ALT-F2 and was
able to start my normal user desktop from there. Video and sound work
normally but networking is still down.

If I attempt to run Network Manager or MCC->Network&Internet->Network
Center the system locks up with a "Please wait" message.

Getting safe mode to give me a command line is still iffy, but at least
with a bit of effort I can get to my desktop. A little progress at least.