[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 RC release is out

Macxi terraagua at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:53:05 CEST 2012

Em qua 09 mai 2012, às 19:07:59, Anne Nicolas escreveu:
> Hi there
>
> Mageia 2 RC isos are now available for tests:
> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2012/05/09/almost-there-download-mageia-2-rc-new-
> date-for-final-release/
>
> Thanks a lot all for the hard work. We need your last tests on RC and in
> a very short time now.
>
> Also as you may have seen, final release is a bit postponed to 22d of
> may to give some time for building final isos.
>
> Thanks again for all the work and for your patience
>
> Mageia Team
> http://mageia.org

Hello Anne Nicolas,

I installed Mageia 2 RC (KDE LiveCD 32bit) on virtualbox and after in a real
partition of my HD (a clean install) and both installations occurred rapidly and
smoothly, everything happened very well.

The configuration of my nVidia graphics card occurred very well, without problem.

The Mageia 2 RC is with the graphics look very nice and organized

KDE 4.8.2 is very nice

The dracut warning no longer appear on startup (was occurring in Mageia 2 beta
3, and after a clean install of the Mageia 2 RC, dracut warning no more appeared
on startup)

All installation of the media was automatic (after, I choosed media 1,3, 11,13,
21 and 23) and installing packages without any problem occurred.

I installed several packages quickly:

libreoffice-3.5.3 (latest version released on May 2, 2012 :)
filelight
gkrellm
hardinfo
kdf
firestarter (package mageia :)
chkrootkit
rkhunter
quassel-0.7.4
GoogleEarth
get-skype (package skeleton mageia :)

and many other packages that I'll try to check when possible.

Congratulations for the great work and thank you for the Mageia Team.

Macxi

(Re: Mageia 2 RC1, first impressions:
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2380#p17721 )