[Mageia-discuss] Kmail2, cannot send mails, error message: "Unkown collection"

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri May 25 00:08:02 CEST 2012

On Fri, 25 May 2012 09:22:40 +0200
Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I migrated to kmail2 and i cannot send messages. I have the error
> message: "Unknown collection"
>
> I use gmail with imap

I got error messages as well. Kmail1 would not send to one of my
mailing lists, so I switched to claws-mail, but I like the Kmail
interface better.

From what I have read, Kmail2 is a disaster. Have a look at
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=989  and

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/467853-kontact-kmail2-12-1-failed-fetch-resource-collection.html

which offers a fix. In brief, it says to

        "Delete all akonadi related files/folders under the following
        locations:

        ~/.config/akonadi/
        ~/.local/share/akonadi/
        ~/.kde4/share/config/

        ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail
        ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail2"

One response was: "Where does that leave my system?"

HTH,

Doug.