[Mageia-discuss] Kmail2, cannot send mails, error message: "Unkown collection"

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri May 25 10:57:13 CEST 2012

Hi Dimitros,

Le 2012-05-25 03:22, Dimitrios Glentadakis a écrit :
 > I migrated to kmail2 and i cannot send messages. I have the error
 > message: "Unknown collection"
 >
 > I use gmail with imap

If you plan on using KMail as your primary mail agent, then you may want
to keep a watch on the KMail forums of the KDE Forums site[1]. They can
probably answer your questions more quickly there; there are recent
questions regarding the same problems as you are experiencing on that
forum[2]

I have always wanted to migrate to KMail as all of the integration with
KDE makes sense to me. However, every time I look into it on the KMail
forums, it is clear that there are still on-going problems with it, and
to me, it is still too much of a gamble to use it if you use your email
professionally or if you value your email.

The Thunderbird + Lightning (calendar)[3] extension are rock solid and
have caused me practically no problems in over more than a decade of
use. I use Thunder+Lightning for my e-zine work[4]. I receive over
300-400 messages per day and they are all filtered into their respective
folders. I also have a huge contact list; I also have an extension that
queues up emails to be sent at a later date and time[5]; I also manage
my 78 year old mother and father-in-law's Google calendar remotely with
an extension to the Lightning calendar[6].

You can also do your IMAP Gmail with Thunderbird.

Cheers,

Marc

[1]
http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=215&sid=620a4acded968f3c173e9520e0e8d7b6