[Mageia-discuss] New install - black screen after reboot - Acer eMachine e525

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue May 29 19:17:46 CEST 2012

Al 29/05/12 18:35, En/na Renaud (Ron) Olgiati ha escrit:

> Found a work-around on an Unbubtu list:
> one must add acpi_osi=Linux to the line under "title linux" in
> /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> Only problem, that would make this rather difficult for a newbee, is that you
> cannot do it in Mageia, since your screen is not showing;

Not even in grub?
If the grub menu is visible, you can press "Esc" (to exit graphical mode), then "e" to edit the highlighted entry and edit it directly in grub.
This is not permanent, but once booted successfully you can edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
Anyway, I agree, it's not newbie friendly, but it's certainly no worse than pulseaudio ;-)
(I hate it with a passion, or most probably pulseaudio hates me).

Bye
--
Luca