[Mageia-discuss] Creating a custom boot.iso

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Wed Jun 27 07:14:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 03:18:29 +0100
"Johnny A. Solbu" <cooker at solbu.net> wrote:

> I have been playing with the idea of changing or making my own
> boot.iso. (The small netboot iso) The reason is that I want to add my
> local mirror as one of the options in the mirrors, so to save me from
> typing in the same local server and url each time I install Mageia on
> a system. I also want to add/enable the tainted repo, so all packages
> in tainted will be included in the installation.
>
> How do I go about doing this?
> Google isn't helpfull on this subject. :-)=

One of the things I always wanted to do, but found too hard :(

The references I have are all ancient, but they are still fairly
relevant:

How to remaster your own ISO, from Mandriva Community Wiki:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/How_to_remaster_a_personal_Mandriva-based_ISO

Very detailed, but will need to be updated.

There is a site at http://members.shaw.ca/mandrake/ -- so ancient that
it talks about Mandrake!! on how to create an auto-install disk, to
streamline installation and answer all the repetitive questions.  The
Perl files it refers to are present in Mageia; I accepted an
invitation to download an RPM list in that format.  Now I have to work
out how to use it.

There is a new tool that Mandriva and Mageia use to generate disks for
a new release.  I can't find the reference, but a hunt around their
Wikis should turn it up.

HTH,

Doug.