[Mageia-discuss] Creating a custom boot.iso

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Jun 27 08:39:20 CEST 2012

Op woensdag 27 juni 2012 03:18:29 schreef Johnny A. Solbu:
> I have been playing with the idea of changing or making my own boot.iso.
> (The small netboot iso) The reason is that I want to add my local mirror as
> one of the options in the mirrors, so to save me from typing in the same
> local server and url each time I install Mageia on a system. I also want to
> add/enable the tainted repo, so all packages in tainted will be included in
> the installation.
>
> How do I go about doing this?
> Google isn't helpfull on this subject. :-)=

actually, i have a simpler solution, which i use myself.

i have my mirror also set up as PXE installer.

In the PXE setup, i have added kernel parameters that select my mirror
automatically. :-)

but my mirror is actually an urpmi-proxy.

So, i have made an extra repository (called extra) and i have it also in my
urpmi-proxy sources list.

Then, in that extra repos, i copied over the media.cfg from the official,
effectively overriding it.

then i modified the media.cfg to enable tainted by default.

voila :-)