[Mageia-discuss] Display saize in console

blind Pete peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Sat Apr 6 08:31:19 CEST 2013

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:

> When I Alt-Ctrl-Fx to go to a console, the characters are displayed in an
> illegibly small size.
> Same problem with the display during booting or shutdown.

The more you pay the smaller the pixels you get.  It doesn't seem
right does it?  Anyway you get lots more of them.  :-)

> Is there a way to resize to consile display size ?

Yes, several.

The most annoying thing is that it is affected by the video card's
firmware and driver, but you don't change those very often.

You can tell the computer that the monitor has a different number
of pixels to what it really has, with VGA=<number> in grub or
lilo config files, and other techniques.

Best solution is to tell the computer to use a differnt font.
Google for "text only mode font size".

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...