[Mageia-discuss] Mailing list migration: this list is closing

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Mon Apr 8 04:02:18 CEST 2013

nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Mon, 08 Apr 2013, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
>
>> On Monday 8. April 2013 01.29, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>>> While it would have been possible to automatically generate identity
>>> accounts from the registration information stored by the mailman
>>> software, it's preferable to be up front an honest about what's being
>>> done, and let people decide for themselves if they want to create such
>>> an account.
>>
>> Personally i don't have problem wit the requirement, i just wanted to know why the change in policy. And it apears sound.
>
> Because it would be a mess to allow sympa to manage both ldap and
> non-ldap accounts.
>

>> But I have problems with the apparent abillity to no longer use any other address than the official one listed on my identity page.
>> Is threre a way to do that?

Would my suggestion below work for you ?

> The only way currently is to create an identity account for each address
> you want to use. We can look if it would possible to support an other
> way to do it, but I don't know if that's possible. And of course any
> suggestion about how sympa could be configured to manage multiple email
> addresses with only one ldap account is welcome.

I don't know if this is easily configurable, but the online
documentation for sympa 6.1 has an example that seems to permit
filtering by multiple addresses with ldap.
see http://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios#search_condition

Their example shows both
  salaun at cru.fr
and
  O.salaun at cru.fr
being accepted with the same filter, whereas only the first is coded as
such.

This seems to offer interesting possibilities, allowing users to have
alternate email adresses with different prefixes of their ldap adresse.
(by automatically adding * to the beginning of user ldap adresses.)
The code could require a minimum length to minimise false positives,
and/or add the * just before @.

Would this work, and without too much effort ?

--
André