[Mageia-discuss] Mailing list migration: this list is closing

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Mon Apr 8 10:59:43 CEST 2013

Ludovic Meyer a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 10:02:18PM -0400, andre999 wrote:
>> nicolas vigier a écrit :
>

>>> The only way currently is to create an identity account for each address
>>> you want to use. We can look if it would possible to support an other
>>> way to do it, but I don't know if that's possible. And of course any
>>> suggestion about how sympa could be configured to manage multiple email
>>> addresses with only one ldap account is welcome.
>>>

>> I don't know if this is easily configurable, but the online
>> documentation for sympa 6.1 has an example that seems to permit
>> filtering by multiple addresses with ldap.
>> see http://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios#search_condition
>>
>> Their example shows both
>>   salaun at cru.fr
>> and
>>   O.salaun at cru.fr
>> being accepted with the same filter, whereas only the first is coded
>> as such.
>>
>> This seems to offer interesting possibilities, allowing users to
>> have alternate email adresses with different prefixes of their ldap
>> adresse.
>> (by automatically adding * to the beginning of user ldap adresses.)
>> The code could require a minimum length to minimise false positives,
>> and/or add the * just before @.
>>
>> Would this work, and without too much effort ?
>
> The goal of having 1 unified login is to reduce ( usually in a company ) the amount
> of support of helpdesk, and the work of user because they need to have 1 login/password.
>
> This also prevent login conflict, since there is 1 single place where this is resolved
> for uniqueness.

Apparently my comment wasn't clear.
It is not related to mageia identity login, which would remain unchanged.

> Your suggestion will just increase the support time due to increased complexity, and so
> reduce the time avaliable for the sysadmin team, since from what I see, they are in
> charge of the servers, and the function of support.

It would be a one-shot change.  If it is properly commented, it
shouldn't cause any support problems.
It is up to sysadmin to decide if they want to do it.
I was only reacting to the posts of solbu and boklm.
(boklm is on the sysadmin team.)

> So if you think they have no better way to spend their time and that this is so
> "business critical" to permit to have a mess regarding who said what, sure, go ahead
> and provides a patch. If I am not wrong, the configuration is on :
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/adm/puppet/modules/sympa/
>
> But if the only goal is to satisfy the special need of a few unique snowflakes, that's not really a
> good move.

Not very clear why you are taking offense.
We are talking about a minor change to solve a perceived need of a user.
More significant changes are being done all the time.
Maybe you should re-read my post ?

--
André