[Mageia-discuss] battery power control and hard disk spin down with mageia 2 (systemd)?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Feb 2 01:32:50 CET 2013

Al 31/01/13 11:07, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> Another problem I have is the backlight control doesn't work, but I
> think that's a kernel problem.

It turns out the kernel has no problem controlling the backlight, but as
soon as the nvidia driver takes control it no longer work.
With nouveau it works though it stops working after a suspend (the
brightess is at its maximum after a resume and cannot be changed).
Also, the hotkeys stops working after a while, but the backlight can
still be controlled via the battery applet or the
/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness file (and, BTW, as I said
before after a suspend it doesn't work, but the hotkeys are working
again, i.e., they're changing the value in the file but it has no effect
on the backlight).

Still looking for a way to avoid for the disk to spin down when on battery.

Bye
--
Luca