[Mageia-discuss] battery power control and hard disk spin down with mageia 2 (systemd)?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Feb 2 01:52:51 CET 2013

Al 02/02/13 01:32, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> Al 31/01/13 11:07, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>

>> Another problem I have is the backlight control doesn't work, but I
>> think that's a kernel problem.
>
> It turns out the kernel has no problem controlling the backlight, but as
> soon as the nvidia driver takes control it no longer work.
> With nouveau it works though it stops working after a suspend (the
> brightess is at its maximum after a resume and cannot be changed).
> Also, the hotkeys stops working after a while, but the backlight can
> still be controlled via the battery applet or the
> /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness file (and, BTW, as I said
> before after a suspend it doesn't work, but the hotkeys are working
> again, i.e., they're changing the value in the file but it has no effect
> on the backlight).

And now I found a solution for the nvidia proprietary driver, which
survives a suspend/resume.
It's just a matter of adding

  Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"

to the Device section of xorg.conf
(BTW, why does XFdrake disable DynamicTwinTwied ?)