[Mageia-discuss] Help: Looking for a KNode replacement

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Jan 10 15:06:42 CET 2013

On Thursday 10. January 2013 14.48, Richard wrote:
> no need to compile your own. Unless you mean for philosophical reasons

I never install binaries from third party repos, unless its blessed, supported or otherwize recommended from the distro in question. (Such as PLF). And unless I'm mistaken, Mageia doesn't support or recommend third party repos.
For that I need to recompile the sources on my own.

> in which case the source is available from Trinity.

I can't find the sources. The sources folder is empty:
http://trinity.mangafrance.com/mga2/trinity-3.5.13/SRPMS/

> Trinity-knode is effectively the KDE3 knode so not the same as you are using now.

How do you handle bug fixes and security patches? KDE3 is unsupported, as far as I know.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324