[Mageia-discuss] Help: Looking for a KNode replacement

Richard richardwest at leiston.info
Thu Jan 10 14:48:05 CET 2013

On Thursday 10 January 2013 14:42:33 Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
> On Thursday 10. January 2013 14.18, Richard wrote:
> > did you know that Trinity is available for MGA2?
>
> Unfortunately they don't seem to publish their SRPMS, so I can't use it.
Don't understand this, just add the Trinity repo, no need to compile your own.
Unless you mean for philosophical reasons in which case the source is
available from Trinity.

> > You should be able to use Trinity-knode under KDE4.
>
> It's no different than the knode I'm currently using. Due to a bug in KNode,
> It can't verify gpg/pgp signatures in usenet postings, which is why I need
> a replacement.
Trinity-knode is effectively the KDE3 knode so not the same as you are using
now.

> > (i use Quanta under KDE4 with no problems)
>
> Quanta is a web developnet environment. I was looking for a usenet reader.
> :-)= Besides, I use a text editor (mcedit) for my own web development. :-)=
Agreed, just an example to show that the Trinity progs work OK under MGA2.
--
Richard.

http://www.leiston.info
http://www.rose-linux.net