[Mageia-discuss] Do Mageia have something like this?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Jan 10 23:50:07 CET 2013

In a blog post[1], someone I know have an idea for implementing some autodetetion (for Debian in his case), that when a hardware device is inserted will propose to install packages needed to operate the device.
I don't have that many external hardware devices that I plug in and out on a regular basis, so I don't quite know how Mageia does this. So I wanted to ask, do we have something similar to this that I can point him to, so he don't have to invent a wheel that might already exist?

[1] http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Lets_make_hardware_dongles_easier_to_use_in_Debian.html

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324