[Mageia-i18n] Workflow for i18n translators

Funda Wang fundawang at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 02:49:26 CET 2010

2010/12/18 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>:
> We already have 2 major points which (according to what I read so far)
> are important:
>  - online and offline work should be possible.
>  - only 2 or 3 translators of each language should be able to commit
> (which implies collaboration)
FYI, since transifex 1.0, it provides a nice CLI toolkit for both
translators and developers. Translators could sync and commit po file
directly to transifex platform via this toolkit, without any web
interface.

And, the task of commit translation to VCS becomes the duty of
developer, not the transifex robot anymore. We might want to improve
our mgasys tool, so that something like "mgasys tag urpmi 4.0" would
commit translations from transifex to our VCS, then tag it into
soft/urpmi/tags/4.0, and finally generate a urpmi-4.0.tar.xz in the
developers harddisk.