[Mageia-i18n] First post to the list - A Suggestion

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 25 19:39:05 CEST 2010

Lombard Marianne <marianne at tuxette.fr>
> Le 25/09/2010 18:51, atilla ontas a écrit :
> > translation teams should use Launchpad to increase translations
> Perhaps can we look Transifex ? I think it is what it was used by
> mandriva and by several project (like XFCE).
> I'm not sure that using launchpad is a good idea. It's a canonical
> technology, even if they have released it a few years ago. And I didn't
> know any distro project (except ubuntu) who is using it.
I agree, I wouldn't use launchpad. Mandriva did use simple svn for doung the
version control. For doing the translation one used poedit, lokalize or
similar software.
I don't think that system is so bad. But if we do find something better, why
not?
I just don't like launchpad...

Oliver

PS.: I forgot: from the German translation team