[Mageia-i18n] Norwegian Bokmål (nb) team Status and development

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:05:15 CEST 2011

2011/4/8 Olav Dahlum <odahlum at gmail.com>:
> On 08/04/11 15:07, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> Welcome to the crowd!
>>
>> 2011/4/8 Olav Dahlum <odahlum at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I do now. Known as "olorin". Speaking of which, is my SSH key
>>> available?
>>
>> How can it be available when you just joined?
>
> I was under the impression that everyone with access to the Mandriva
> SVN also had it in Mageia or was this changed? LDAP from Kenobi or
> something...

As we do not share any infrastructure with Mandriva we have our own
LDAP and all that stuff. But you are right in the point that all who
had svn access at Mandriva are the first who will have committing
rights here. Only the workflow is a little bit different with teams
and transifex.

>>> Well, I can always merge once manually, but the rest should be taken
>>> care of by the administrators running the server. I also need to take
>>> a look at the Transifex installation, so the limitations can be mapped.
>>
>> ATM the workflow is pretty straight-forward:
>> after you are added to the team in transifex
>>  - open one of the projects (pot files), click on your language, then either
>>  - download the po file for translation and upload it again using the
>> same procedure
>>  - or translate online using the built in editor
>>  - don't forget to unlock the file after you have finished working with it.
>>
>>> Any flaws in msgid  would go as regular bugs reported against packages,
>>> so not much to do for translators there.
>>
>> The translators report the bugs they find while translating - better
>> to report them when they are found than knowing about them and still
>> let them be released.
>>

> I meant, there's no point in fixing the POT's, as one could be mislead to
> believe.

Of course, translators do not fix the POTs, they only report what has
to be fixed. :)

--
wobo