[Mageia-i18n] Meeting Thursday, February 3, 2011 + Alerts on upcoming tasks

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 23:23:53 CET 2011

> I would like to ask all team leaders of the  language teams to care for
> quick translation of the announcements, especially  for the blog which
> is in your hands. I don't know what MarCom has in store  for the event,
> this will be discussed during the coming  days.
>
> Furthermore I want to ask you to spread the announcements about  the
> release to all possible media in your language area (news  sites,
> friendly websites, etc.) as soon as possible.
>
> We want to make  an impact worldwide, people shall know that Mageia is
> alive and the cauldron  is sizzling!

As we say in my country, better later than never :)
Unfortunately we're firstly aiming at the (former) Mandriva community and
they're busy now with the MTP2011. It give them wings as far as I see and I
share this joy with them.
Being the second one isn't an easy task, but is doable.

I'll translate as quick as possible and also post an announcement on MDV
community.
But why not to choose all the features of Web 2.0, like Facebook and Tweeter to
create the buzz?
It'll be nice to have also on YouTube a filmed demo with one of Mageia staff
members installing and using the Alpha version.

I'll install it on my laptop and use it in the train, when going to work, to
impress people.
It'll be nice to have T-shirts, badges and stickers too.  I'd also love a
wallpaper to put it on my office desktop :)

Everything is in marketing. But I think I'm getting a little off-topic here.

Sure wobo, I'll do (ALL) that I can :)

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team