[Mageia-i18n] [Transifex.net] Project for training purposes

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Thu Feb 3 04:51:13 CET 2011

2011/2/1 Jerzy Trzeciak <artusek at wp.pl>

> W dniu 01.02.2011 15:48, Thorsten van Lil pisze:
>
>  Hey Jerzy,
>>
>> thanks for your work.
>>
>> Do you know if there is an option to achieve the following behaviour:
>>
>> * Every team-member should be able to propose new translations, but only
>> the coordinator should commit them.
>> (* Also interesting could be, if also not team-member can propose
>> translations.)
>> * Is it possible to work on an translation without locking the
>> translation?
>>
>> As I don't find such settings in the German team profile, I think you as
>> the maintainer has the power to. :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thorsten aka TeaAge
>>

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I am not transifex guru, but will try to explain a bit access control in
> project.
>
> First, citation from Transiex Help:
>
> "You can control the way people access your project’s translators using the
> “Access Control” tab on the Project Details page.
>
> You may choose one of the following three options:
>
>   *
>
>     Free for all:
>
>         Choose this option to allow any logged-in (registred) user to
>         submit files to your project. Recommended for quick
>         translations, and when a pre-commit review process is in
>         place, e.g. when contributions are submitted by email or to a
>         separate branch.
>
>   *
>
>     Limited access:
>
>         Give access to specific people. Translations teams will have
>         access to their language’s files only, and global writers will
>         have access to all translation files. Recommended for most
>         projects.
>
>   *
>
>     Outsourced access:
>
>         Re-use another project’s teams and writers by trusting access
>         control to that project. If a person can contribute to that
>         project, it can contribute to this one as well. Recommended
>         for non-upstream projects such as distribution packages,
>         desktop environment modules, etc."
>

> The projects I have created are under "Limited access". It means team
> coordinators and members are allowed to translate online or submit their
> translations to the project (within team language). So, in your case, it
> means six people can submit their work without any restrictions.
> Coordinators have rights to manage their team, i.e. add or remove members.
> Since project is of public type, everybody can download translation file
> and translate it. But the only way to submit new or updated translation is
> through respective team coordinator/member.
> IMO for teams with experienced translators it is not a problem to give
> commit privileges for greater number of people. For newer teams is better to
> set coordinator only for a given project and he(she) will upload them to
> Transifex.
> Please note, that there is also available discussion on the translation.
> [...]
translation or at least change something if you have file 100% translated.
At least when I clicked on Estonian (as coordinator of Estonian team I
should have the right to change the file, shouldn't I?) and then "Translate
now" I did get just statistics and a bar with entries "Source string" and
"Translation" but not the strings themselves. And more, nor "Save all"
neither "Save and Exit" button didn't do anything, only way to go back was
to click " I18N
(Epoll)<http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/epoll/resource/I18N/>"
link up there. Of course, I could choose "View strings online" and then look
at them but there was no chance to change them neither...

Marek Laane