[Mageia-i18n] Russian translation of the "Values" page

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:55:25 CET 2011

Hi,

thanks again!

2011/1/31 Eugeny Rozhkov <mai.hime.ost at gmail.com>:
> There is another question rose: what about the translation of a main page? It
> was stated in the meeting that this page have some active content (like the
> headlines of a blog posts) which is unlikely to be translated,

Indeed, but as much as possible, dynamic contents are sourced from
translated sites (headlines on http://mageia.org/ru/ will be sourced
from the Russian-speaking blog as soon as it is up; for the time
being, it sources from the English-speaking blog).

> but how about other stuff (a link to the wiki, for example)?

For now (temp wiki), we only handle English in the wiki. The next wiki
(multi-locales setup on a Mediawiki), we will be able to link
translated/corresponding pages across languages - and link to the
appropriate one.

> Will it be sufficient if we'll just send in a translated html as we did for the other pages?

 - don't translate wiki pages for now
 - for the www website, yes, this is how it works for now.

cheers!

Romain