[Mageia-i18n] glossaries creation

Julia Jumeau julia.jumeau at orange.fr
Thu May 26 18:55:33 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 26 mai 2011 18:19:52, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2011/5/26 Julia Jumeau <julia.jumeau at orange.fr>:
> >

> > Once upon a time, i had some courage and began
> >
> > http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators
> >
> > at the bottom of the page
> >
> > and I need some comments.
> >

> > At Solutions Linux days I spoke with some fedora translators and some people
of
> > traduc.org : it would be good to compare some translations, and to think
about
> > some different words  used there and there ; and some other wlld
imaginings...

> Isn't this different for each language?
> There are already very good lists by kde.org and Gnome. Using them
> would be a good idea because that would care for a common "glossary"
> of upstream translations and Mageia.
>
> --
> wobo

Yes but it's not that simple, ! even inside  Mageia french team some divergences
can be noticed, inside a same document or text, we sometimes translate the
english word in a way, then in another one ; it was just to begin a comparison,
tryng to find a common ground ; and some of us think quite stupid to try to
translate the same strings, for fedora or for mageia ; kde and gnome teams would
be contacted either : I am following kde french teams at the present.
--
Julia Jumeau

http://www.delicious.com/juliajumeau/linux