[Mageia-i18n] Yet another converted page for lang files translation system

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:49:44 CEST 2012

On 17 August 2012 13:10, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Filip Komar <filip.komar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Special page downloads/get[1] converted[2].
>
> Thanks Filip!
You're welcome.

>> Information about why this page is special is on wiki[3].
>
> Don't hesitate to ask if something looks odd.
OK. I understood this one. But I do have some questions (again) ;).

> Speaking of report page, shall we make a small tweet to encourage
> translators? (especially fi, lv, tr, nl, zh-tw and nb) we have 6
> languages complete above 90%, 5 others above 30% and 11 below.
I'm very interested in anything that will help to encourage us.
Well, speaking of "empty" translations. There was also ca (Catalan I
think) in langs. As there was no ca in root that link was 404 so I
removed it from /langs (r1603).

>> Romain, thank you for explanation about Mageia.Org constitution. I'll
>> go your way. What is your intention with html pages[4]?
>
> Page updated (removed obsolete stuff at least). What would you want to
> focus on there?
Thanks for update. This table is actually a complete list of all (at
least from /en/* and /) pages with output that are on web server. They
are maybe not all very visible or intended to be but still they are in
a way public. As such they are at least candidates for translation. I
built that list after our last i18n meeting and publish it. My
intention is to get feedback from i18n team and you as this is a kind
of TODO list. You responded already and I'm grateful for that. I hope
that there will be some response from our team too ;).

I noticed that those empty directories you left behind:
/www/trunk/press/
/www/trunk/pr/
I'll remove them if you don't mind as they return 403.

I'm afraid that I don't get this on wiki that
"en/about/2010-sept-announcement.html" "should not be translated, it's
an historical document per se - rda". It already is translated in some
languages. Can you please explain a bit more. What about
"charter.html" and "founders.html"? I think the first one is important
for PR. Am I wrong?

I noticed that you removed "en/downloads/dl.php" from list in wiki.
That reminds me. If I'll do a lang conversion I intend to join pages
for mga1 as you did it for 2. This makes sense for me. But I'm afraid
that it's very unlikely that there will be any new translations for
mga1. I hesitate to translate them in Slovenian too. I'm in a dilemma
if conversion of those mga1 pages even makes sense. Are a few hours of
work worth the effort as support for mga1 will end in 4 months? Any
feedback from anybody will help me decide.

Romain, I got another idea from you :). Thanks. In downloads/get page
and lang files I'll replace:
https://bugs.mageia.org
with:
https://bugs.mageia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Websites&format=guided&component=www.mageia.org
That reminds me. I think that it's very unfortunate that
"report-a-bug" page is not used (linked) any more. In my eyes
currently looks nicer and more informative than wiki page
(https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Bugzilla#How-to_report_a_bug).

Have a nice weekend and let the magic be with you,
Filip.