[Mageia-i18n] Translation of "Constitution"

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:01:18 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Rémi Verschelde <remi at verschelde.fr> wrote:
> 2012/8/22 Diego Bello <dbello at gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We want to translate the Constitution page [1] to Spanish, what is the
>> procedure to do that?
>>
>> I do have access to the svn and I checked out
>> svn.mageia.org/svn/org/constitution. Should we translate the plain
>> text file in there or is there a web page we can use?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> [1] http://www.mageia.org/en/about/constitution/
>> --
>> Diego Bello Carreño
>
> Hi Diego!
>
> A dozen hours ago Filip sent a notification about the constitution
> page being converted to the .lang system.
> So it now appears here: http://www.mageia.org/langs/report.php
>
> You can translate it as usual, copying the consitution.en.lang as
> constitution.es.lang.

There are two things actually:
 * the .lang file that translates the decoration of the Web page;
 * the .md file that is the actual content of the constitution; this
one has to be sourced from the French version (the English version is
already an approximate translation of the French version, so better do
it from the French one first, if you can), and provided into a similar
Markdown syntax (see
http://svnweb.mageia.org/org/constitution/mageia.org_statutes_fr.md?revision=2&view=markup)