[Mageia-i18n] Lang translation tool

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Sun Jul 29 10:32:44 CEST 2012

Op So, 2012-07-29 om 09:34 +0300 skryf Yuri Chornoivan:
> Hi,
>
> It was promised that there will be no significant changes in the
> content
> of the pages, so it is reasonable to rely on the data (and
> corresponding
> links) on the translation stats page [1].
>
> However, if you need some translation memory and other capabilities
> of
> regular gettext files you can easily write a small parser for
> the .lang
> files (po<->lang). For example, this can be done using Python and
> polib.
> If you cannot or have no time to do this, I can do it for you.

The Translate Toolkit already has a converter for lang files to PO
files. We use it to translate the Mozilla .lang files into several
languages here:
http://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/mozilla_lang/

I almost think it is in the released version, but if not, I can help
with the current development version. We should be making a release soon
as well.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: