[Mageia-i18n] Lang translation tool

Filip Komar filip.komar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:31:23 CEST 2012

Hi all.

>I see that some pages were updated
True. I changed some language redirections in translatable strings from
absolute (for example: "/en/donate/") to relative ( "../donate/") to be
more translation friendly as you don't need to translate them now. More
than 80% of such links kept English links. I also missed some in the past.
This bugged me as it give nasty browsing experience of unwanted switching
of language. I changed only links as in given example and I leaved the rest
(like "/de/donate/") as they were. Report page Yuri send previously is very
useful for checking status of lang files. If you need to see exact changes
I made take a look on these commits intentionally separated by single page:

http://svnweb.mageia.org/web?view=revision&revision=1509
http://svnweb.mageia.org/web?view=revision&revision=1515

@Friedel
> The Translate Toolkit already has a converter for lang files to PO files.
We use it to translate the Mozilla .lang files ...
Aren't those Mozilla .lang files in xml? Or better: can you please provide
an example for conversion of one .lang file of our web pages [1]? For both
ways if possible. Pot files for web page translation would be nice for our
new online translation system.

Note: I think that in MCC Translate Toolkit is called "python-translate".

Regards,
Filip.

[1] http://svnweb.mageia.org/web/www/trunk/langs/