[Mageia-i18n] translations

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Fri Jun 8 10:05:41 CEST 2012

2012/5/29 Darya Makarova <midsommardag.26 at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
> I have read the message from 14/05/2012 in "russian" section, that you need
> translators from Russian Language. My name is Daria, I work as an
> interpreter for 3+ years. I currently live in Republic of Ireland, working
> as multi-language interpreter/translator. Im experienced in translating
> techical, and IT-sphere texts. I would love to take part in translating and
> helping the existing "russian" team.
> If you`d like to get more information about my qualifications - don`t
> hesitate to contact me.
>
> Best Regards, Darya Makarova

Hi Darya,

Sorry for the delay.
Welcome in the i18n team, we are always glad to have new contributors!

Did you manage to contact the existing Russian translation team (see
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/I18n_teams#Russian for their contact)? Oleg
joined the team recently too, so if the other members do not answer
your mails your could start organising the Russian translation team
together. Note that there is a i18n-ru mailing list for Russian
translators, even though it has not been widely used by the Russian
translators until now: https://ml.mageia.org/l/arc/i18n-ru
Please keep me informed about who are the active members of the
Russian team, who are the leader/deputy leader, and if you have a
member with commit rights to our SVN repository.

The general process for translation is:

- software: All Mageia software that we have to translate are on our
Subversion repository, and you can find the links to the PO files
here: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/List_of_Mageia_transifex_projects (On
our wiki you can read about Transifex, which we used for the string
translation before the release of Mageia 2, but it is now kind of
broken and we are thinking about finding another solution, so for now
we're back to the SVN). If you are not used to translating PO files,
don't hesitate to ask for support here or on #mageia-i18n on IRC. Once
you have translated a PO file, it has to be commited to the SVN
repository to be included in the next version of the software. To do
so, you need a member with commit rights in the Russian team; please
tell me if you don't have such a member.

- website: See https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Internationalisation_Team_(i18n)#Website_translation
and don't hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear.

- wiki: translation is on hold for now; I must talk to the
documentation and sysadmins teams to know when the localised wikis can
be deployed and what will their translation process be.

- blog: As you saw, the Russian blog is on hold until the Russian team
feels confident that they can translate it regularly. If you and Oleg
(I fear the other members listed on the wiki are not active anymore)
want to take this task, please tell us and contact Damien Lallement
for blog credentials.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien