[Mageia-i18n] New Afrikaans translator

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Fri Jun 8 10:31:42 CEST 2012

2012/6/7 F Wolff <friedel at translate.org.za>:
> Hallo everybody
>
> I'm following the steps to join the Mageia translation team as mentioned
> here:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Internationalisation_Team_%28i18n%29
>
> I'm a developer for the Virtaal translation tool, and I'll try to
> contribute some translations into Afrikaans (af) as time allows.
>
> My Mageia account name is 'fwolff'.
>
> Keep well
> Friedel

Hi Friedel, and welcome aboard!

We are glad that you join the i18n team, and that you can start
setting up the Afrikaans translation team.
As the only member in the i18n-af team for now, you are considered its
team leader, and I will see that you are granted commit rights to our
Subversion repository to be able to commit your translations (please
contact me if you are not used to working with SVN).

The general process for translation is:

- software: All Mageia software that we have to translate are on our
Subversion repository, and you can find the links to the PO files
here: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/List_of_Mageia_transifex_projects (On
our wiki you can read about Transifex, which we used for the string
translation before the release of Mageia 2, but it is now kind of
broken and we are thinking about finding another solution, so for now
we're back to the SVN). If you are not used to translating PO files,
don't hesitate to ask for support here or on #mageia-i18n on IRC. Once
you have translated a PO file, it has to be commited to the SVN
repository to be included in the next version of the software.

- website: See https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Internationalisation_Team_(i18n)#Website_translation
and don't hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear.

- wiki: translation is on hold for now; I must talk to the
documentation and sysadmins teams to know when the localised wikis can
be deployed and what will their translation process be.

- blog: There is no Afrikaans blog for now. You can contact Damien
Lallement if you want to take this task on, but keep in mind that
translating the blog needs some time and that you are a one-man team
at the moment, so you may want to wait until a few other Afrikaans
translators join the Mageia project to start translating the blog.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien