[Mageia-i18n] Translating the name of the distribution Mageja

Pavel Fric pavelfric at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 20:41:19 CET 2012

Hi,

when using the product named Mageia, in Czech there is practice to use the flection, when using case, right next to/with the official name.

So the cases are:
1. Mageia
2. Mageii
3. Mageie
4. Mageiu
5. Mageio
6. Mageie
7. Mageiou

The root of the word is the same, the endings according to the case - forced with syntax of the sentence.

There is another question. At the beginning I read the question concerning the thing with pronunciation. If I remember it correct, the pronunciation "M-aa-he-i-a" was recommended.

It would be strange say it outside the text environment this way, so M-A-G-I-A - the way the Czech speaker is pronouncing each letter, is used. And I thing, it is little differen than tha sound we could expect from German native speaker, or French etc. speaker.

Also the second possibility is to use the offered official pronunciation, little adjusted, and we have "M-Á-J-A" - and it sounds the same way as that well known bee Mája, as pronounced in the famous series of hers stories.

Greetings, Pavel