[Mageia-marketing] Communication about the alpha and the ISO 0 release

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Wed Feb 9 23:08:20 CET 2011

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 01:00, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > 2011/2/8 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
> >> yes : ) the ancient wise says "if you want a thing to be remembered, put
it on
> >> its name" : ) (copyright by Marcello Anni 2011)
>
> Good point.
>
> > But I agree in one point - it may be good to find a more meaningful
> > name than "Beta 1".
>
> At this point, it is an _alpha_. Beta releases are for April. :)
>
> "Mageia, factory alpha 1" would be a short name (it's already long
> enough like that) that would remind the next recommandations: it is
> the first alpha ISO to be released out of our build-system and as
> such, well... a factory barely releases its first prototype to have it
> considered other than a self-testing item. So, don't expect... yada
> yada.

i like Mageia Factory Alpha (if there is only one why should we use 1?). what
about proposing it to the next mageia founders meeting?

> If people can't understand that, well, really, fine. At some point,
> we're not going to twist words because we can't assume to educate
> people about how a technical product building process works (and
> that's one of the goals of the project).
>
> So further than the name, it's the discourse accompanying the release
> that will matter at least as much, if not more, as the released
> product itself.

sure, but remember that in marketing everything is important, also the name.
obviously we must keep attention to everything related to the release (so this
time overall  warning advertise)

> So far, it looks like the regular updates, technical and
> non-technical, on the blog, have been wonderfully received. So it's a
> good sign to use this too.

can you tell how many visits receive daily the english blog (and also the
others if possible?)

> Romain

cheers,
Marcello

PS= do we have a few artwork active members or is it only an impression of
mine? nuhno pinheiro won't contribute anymore?