[Mageia-marketing] Meeting?

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:29:57 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 20:35, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:

>> > - necessary means to be in touch with other teams
>>
>> What do you suggest? Email, lists and IRC is mostly the most used at
>> this time. I fear the forum won't be an option to have everyone agree
>> on (it's only a complementary thing).
>
> i think a new mailing list called something similar to "mageia-together" could
> be useful to treat only multi-teams topics (e.g. choose the release date of
> Mageia, choose the localisation system for web services and so on)

No need to open yet another list for that: you either use -discuss,
either get the topic hosted on the most relevant list where most of
the committed people are subscribed.

For instance, web services are most likely to happen on webteam or
i18n or sysadmin, depending on the focus of the discussion. Release
date decision is a matter for the Council or the Board (because it
requires roadmap adequacy and synchronization with all teams
progress), but this of course would be discussed/publicized on
-discuss (and other means).

Romain